POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray : Re: Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 27 Apr 2000 01:13:24
Message: <3907cc74$1@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov wrote in message ...
>On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:31:32 -0500, Chris Huff
><chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>>There is already Rayleigh scattering...scattering media type 3. Are you
>>trying to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering?
>
>Because if you are, too bad, as you currently can't. IIRC a patch is
>being to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering but I
>don't know what its progress is.

Current progress is that it is almost complete.  However, I'm running into
the problem of oversaturation of colors near the horizon.  Consequently, the
image looks just fine -- until you get to the horizon.  At that point, the
sky turns white.

I'm waiting for the "film effect" post-processing to be implemented to see
if this will fix the problem.  If people want me to, by next Thursday I
could release a version that doesn't have this problem fixed.

Mark